YTL corporation is generous enough to provide Yes 4G account for Malaysia undergraduates with free 300MB, worth RM9 monthly via Education Partner Program (EPP). Do you understand this program and know how to use it? Let’s check out the details first and follow my guides on how to call and SMS for free using yes 4G as an undergraduate.
Benefits of Education Partner Program for students:
- Free 300MB of data (equivalent to 100 minutes call or 100 SMS)
- No activation free required
- No minimum usage
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- Kolej Tunku Andul Rahman (KTAR)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara – upcoming
- All public universities – in the future
If you are undergraduates from any of the above mentioned universities, congratulations! You are granted for free access to yes 4G service. Actually it is not necessary to be on Yes 4G network in order to use the service. Some users and myself are able to use any kind of internet connection to make calls and SMS to local/mobile phone! So why not give it a shot and try it?
*YES 4G official claims that currently you should be only able to call if you are on their network. But the truth is not! I can call/sms when I’m using Buffalo WZR2-G300N router but not when using TM’s Riger wireless modem.
Follow the instructions below:
1. Check university official announcement for yes 4G information to see where you can get your account info. (most probably the info is sent to your .edu mail)
2. Login to yes account to ensure it is working and activate the account if required.
3. After you have your account ready, click here to download yes life installer.
I believe that everyone can easily get a microphone these days. I highly recommend that you should use yes 4G to call your parents who don’t know how to use Skype or live messenger all these years. If you successfully use the service, enjoy the free 100 minutes call and don’t forget to leave a comment here stating which modem you use, so that we can figure out the a working method for everyone to use it.
If you enjoy this post, feel free to share it to your friends on facebook. Stay tuned for more useful tips and tricks. Check out our facebook page to keep in touch.